Sunday, November 11, 2012

Storybook pumpkin


At our elementary school kids can bring storybook pumpkins to display in the library.  Of course some of our favorite characters of all time are from Cynthia Rylant books.  I almost cried when we read the last in the series of Henry and Mudge (when Matthew was 5ish) and so we sang for joy when she started to write about Annie and Snowball.  My Anna's pumpkin is Snowball.  We made it the day after we bought the pumpkins and she could hardly wait that long.  (ie. I heard, "I don't think we will ever paint my pumpkin", etc. the first day and early on the 2nd day when I realized - it would't take any longer to create Snowball that day than it will if we waited, but I wouldn't have to listen to Anna's longing for a painted pumpkin.  

4 comments:

  1. Cute!
    I love the heavey village by rylant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of that series - Henry and Mudge are adorable though. I'll have to check it out for myself! :) Great pumpkin!

    ReplyDelete