Friday, February 11, 2011

Winter Specials


There was a moment this week when I thought I had lost some pictures that I had not yet printed. My digital card was full, so I had dumped pictures onto my computer and burned a disk. I checked the disk and deleted the pictures. WEEELLLL...I went to get a picture off the disk and it acted goofy. I was able to copy many of the pictures back to my computer from the disk, but then the disk froze. I brought the disk to my wonderful husband, whose computer was able to retrieve the remaining pictures without freezing. Yeah Ken! It did give me a "get these pictures printed" kind of feeling. I also thought I would share a few special moments from this month.
Here is Anna displaying the lovely Valentines that she made for Pre-school. She cut out the sayings "You really fly, Valentine" and then signed her name. On most of them you would have guessed correctly who the Valentine was from if you were in her class and knew every one's name :)

Joel's Cub Scout Pack had their annual Pinewood Derby. Joel worked very hard on his car, designing it on paper, sanding the car, taping for the paint job and gluing on the stars. In the end, his car won for the Most Patriotic and Ken said Joel was a fantastic sport! (I think that translates to...never won a race, but was enjoyed every minute.)

Carolyn was the Star Student this week. Anna and I went to lunch with her today and attended her presentation of special ideas and treasures. First you need to know that lunches are MUCH healthier than they used to be when I was a kid.....ok - more than even last year. Whole wheat buns, grilled chicken breast....dessert was cherries in jello. I digress...it was great fun to hear Carolyn's "favorite things" and what she aspires to be when she grows up (currently a souvenir shop worker). She then answered 20 questions from her class, which was fun. The most interesting was when she was asked who her friend's were and you could see her eyes scan the room as she listed all the girls in her class. She is very thoughtful and wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. It also was sweet that she bought her sister a balloon animal from the class "shop" the day we came to visit.

This is a staged shot, because I forgot my camera the day Matthew had his first "Solo festival". (He was all dressed up that day!) This basically meant that Matthew played a piece on his trumpet for a band teacher from a local district who the critiqued his work and gave him a rank. I was so impressed that he maintained his cool because his teacher accidentally played the wrong background music - several times. After the competition we went and shared some one on one time at the local bagel shop!


GOOD TIMES!

1 comment: