Thursday, July 7, 2011

Visiting Grandma and Grandpa


We made a trip to Burlington to visit my folks in June. We all love to visit with them! The kids finally joined in the quarter collection fun. When the state quarters started I had one child and began to collect a set of quarters for him. As each child joined the eldest, they too had a quarter collection started. Initially I was very diligent, but lost steam along the way. Luckily, Grandma and Grandpa came to the rescue. Each year, my mom would remind me to bring the kid's quarters for a visit and we would add all the quarters we could. Until this visit, this activity was just for Grandma and me. This visit, the 3 big kids got in the mix because the LOVE their quarter collection.

We also made a trip to the park and to the Dairy Queen (DQ has become tradition).

Additionally, Matthew ran around taking pictures of Grandma and Grandpa's wildlife (bunnies, chipmunks, squirrels and birds) as part of his Second Class Scout Rank project. Here is Stumpy....we used to think he met a terrible tail-cutting fate, but now think his lack of a tail might be genetic as "Stumpy" has been around for about 30 years.


P.S. to my Dad...I am printing the photos for you, so you don't need to print them....well I might not print Stumpy.

2 comments:

  1. Somewhere I have a set of those quarters but alas, I have no idea where...

    Grandparents are great for many reason but this is one special connection your kids have with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! You know this is the only reason I can't be "mad" at you for leaving me! :) Nothing is more special than grandparents.

    ReplyDelete