Monday, October 24, 2011

Only a blogger would take a picture

I hope that everyone likes this costume:


I do. (Note the Ravenclaw patch and other special Luna Lovegood touches (she is a Harry Potter character for those who don't know))

THIS is this costume that required me to visit my local veterinarian:




Ok - so the story is that I made Carolyn's costume and was getting cocky (and obviously distracted). I was doing some seams for Joel's (Ron Weasley) costume and was looking over my shoulder at the kids and sewed right through my finger.

The veterinarian joke is because I was quickly trying to figure out who could pull the needle out before pain (and infection) set in. I remembered our neighbor was a labor and delivery nurse and so I went to her home. Her hubby (a veterinarian) was home and he did the honors! What nice neighbors - I need to make them cookies - but they both work out a bunch so I might need to think of something more healthy to make them.

Good as new:

3 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCHHHH!!!! I'm trying to think about how I would react if a neighbor showed up at my door with a finger in that predicament! Yeow!! Glad you are on the mend...Love the pictures of the kids in their costumes and Love that burning bush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, that made me laugh because it could be the beginning of a comedy skit. You know you're a blogger when...

    I'm sorry you found yourself in that situation. The costume IS incredible.

    ReplyDelete