Monday, October 10, 2016

Eagle Scout

Matthew earned his Eagle Scout Award in the middle of July.  Yesterday (October 9th) we had his Court of Honor and it was lovely.
Here I am, placing his Eagle Pin on his lapel.
 He had to give a little Thank You speech.  he did a great job.  (note the change to the Eagle Rank neckerchief)
 Here is his memorabilia table.  It was fun and pretty easy to put together (me;  "Hey Matt - find me all your old scout stuff!")  The picture board took some time, given the need to gather photos from 100 picture CDs....remember the days when computer could only hold a few dozen photos and you had to burn a disk to clear up disk space.....yeah me too!)  I double dipped and found enough photos for his graduation photo board.  The scout picture board will make a reappearance that day too.
Joel was part of the color guard.  Carolyn did a prayer (no photo, she was behind me)
 My sister, Mary and her husband Gary joined us.  (Mary is the God-Mother of the year and took 35 pictures for me.)
 Both sets of grandparents were able to attend, which made the day even more special.

3 comments:

  1. I would be lying if I didn't admit I just took a screenshot of the display.. Congrats on such a fine representation of all the hard work your eagle has invested. Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH, this is exciting! Congrats to your family on this honor!

    ReplyDelete