Saturday, May 22, 2021

5/20/21 Show choir Premiere!!!


Today we were able to watch the show choir recordings!!  They were fantastic, and almost exactly as I predicted!  (In a "timing is sometimes terrible" situation, the premiere was scheduled for THE day that our governor announced that the school couldn't mandate masks.)  These kids gave up their entire show choir season to keep their community safe for the governor to basically spit on their sacrifice.

The director of the show choir sent a message asking everyone to still wear masks to the event, given their complete inability to keep people safe without masks despite limiting the premiere to 2 people for under-classmen and 4 spectators for seniors.  They had 4 showings, so the auditorium wasn't full.  I was very proud that all but one student wore a mask.  Since I was posted at the front door, I do feel that I saw most of the kids.  Some kids did take their masks off for a quick picture on the "red carpet".  (well not Joel and his 2 buddies above, which made me happy since I know that one isn't vaccinated)  A quick photo without a mask seemed pretty safe though.

I was tasked with taking the pictures (as shown above) and it went very well.  All the kids were polite and seemed so happy to make it to this day!  A bunch of the seniors posed with their families (the underclassmen didn't attend with their families - they had a show just for the kids right after school)  I felt great, giving the kids the ability to download this fun souvenir.  I also took photos of the 2 short live acts (one song each) as well as some photos of the kids as they responded to watching the video recordings.

It was a great night!  (Here is a cute "behind the scenes" photo.)  They will release the video Saturday night for home viewing and I hope to get a few nice screen-shots.
They did a great job turning the book "The Giver" into a show choir performance in video format!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment