Sunday, May 14, 2023

The Great Clean-up

So I am moving my Cricut to the basement.  Here is it in it new home.  (It is the only clean spot on that work-table, but you gotta start somewhere.)

Here is the same table November 24 2009 (this is my storage room at its finest) .  
It sure is fun to look at old Blog photos!

Back to the great Cricut saga. First I needed to connect it to a computer in the basement, but keep my computer upstairs.  I tried our OLD laptop, no luck (incompatible Windows version due to its age). 

  Then I was able to Bluetooth from my phone. (ok - but I it isn't as flexible as a desktop).  I tried to Bluetooth from my computer, but I couldn't get it to work and my chief IT guy (Joel) was helping his sister buy her new car in Illinois (more on that later!)  Anyway, today I had him come into the office to show how I tried to get the Bluetooth to work (after he reminded me that computer already had Bluetooth when I texted him in Illinois) and have him see if it could be fixed.  While I was still at the computer, showing him the problem, Bluetooth connected!  He teased, "I charge by the job, not the hour."  It was as if his mere presence in the room caused the computer to cooperate.  

This is my Cricut/scrapbook station:  a work in progress. This 9 box unit has held toys, books and Legos.  (I know Lego is a toy, but it lasted longer in our house than most other toys and kinda had a life of its own at times.  It has been YEARS since the kids played with Legos, but there were still set-up Legos in this cabinet in early April.  They are now all in a box!)


The unit is now in the basement library.  (another mostly unfinished part of the basement, tucked under the kitchen bay window, so it has a funny shape).   It is a pretty small room, but I always have loved it.

Here is what is on the other wall.  I tried to find the "original library" photo, but after searching 3 years of my blog gave up for now.  My sister gave the kids 2 huge book shelves that are now full of books and games.  (I just like the dedicated harry Potter shelf (shown below) the best.)


Here is where it started it all.  (By "it" I mean the great storage room/craft clean-up.)  This lovely steel cabinet.  Isn't it great?  I won't show you the rest of the storage room.  Although now with Carolyn and Joel home for the summer we have a lot more stuff to store!



Here is the Cricut's old home which translated to - messy office.  (I love a completely clean surface....the rest of the office still needs work.  Since the summer is almost on us, I am trying to clear off the office desk so that Ken can work from that room when the kids are home (to escape the chatter).

Hopefully soon the room will look more like this, but with no landline, desktop computer and gigantic monitor....just the clean part.  (This was from 2009 I think.)  I am not sure how often it looked this good since then, I have no photographic evidence.  It has looked decent when we had visitors.   I pulled this photo off the blog too.


1 comment: