Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's about time.

I realized that if I didn't get the kids to pose with their quilts soon, it would have to wait for spring. I finished the quilts a couple days before the new school year started, when Ken's sister (the great quilter) visited. I actually need to sit down with each quilt and make sure all the loose threads are trimmed, but I was pleased to meet my self-imposed deadline. The kids seemed pleased with their new bedding! (sorry the orientation is off, but I don't want to modify and re-upload



I can show you a few more photos of items I made for people. I haven't shipped them yet, but these people don't look at my blog, so I am safe to share!
I made this table runner for my sister's birthday. In fact I need to fix one seam and get it in the mail ASAP!
This quilt will be heading south in a few days to a friend's baby that is scheduled to join this world soon! Lucky baby! Blessings to her family as the wait these final few days and then welcome her!

This little thing started when I flubbed a few squares for the quilt above, but just couldn't throw them away. I had an "aha" moment and made a dolly quilt for the big sister of the baby-to-be mentioned above. I LOVE making quilts this size. Such quick gratification. Hopefully the big sis will love it as much as my girls love their little quilts.

3 comments:

  1. I've been wondering about you! glad to see you made some deadlines and am happy to see your sweet quilts. I've just been listening to them whiz by. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Table runners, too?!?! I'm impressed. I love all the bright colors in Carolyn's. When I am old and in the nursing home, can you make me one like that? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful Betsy!! Job well done!! Thank you so much for the CD. It's beautiful!! Blessings and Grace my friend!

    ReplyDelete