Sunday, June 19, 2011

Pandomania



I really love that we do the same VBS program that is done in Newburgh. It is fun to see the similarities and differences. I personally like the smaller group sizes of the VBS in Newburgh. Additionally, I think it is great that they have a large pre-school program. (In Ankeny you need to volunteer to have your pre-schooler participate. Believe it or not, next year Anna will be considered a kindergartner!)

Although I wish this program did a few things like Newburgh, I am smart enough to realize that a woman with ideas like "expand the pre-school program" ends up running the pre-school program. Since I volunteer, Anna gets to go to VBS anyway, so for my family it doesn't matter.

Again this year, Matthew was a volunteer with me. He and I worked with in-coming 1st graders. They were a lot of fun. The other kids had a great time too. Last night during bath time Anna asked, "After bed will we have VBS again?" and was disappointed to hear that it was over. The big kids did sing and dance in church today to "How Great Thou Art". Anna could have joined in, but wasn't very good last week in church, so we split up today and kept her home. We didn't mention she was missing the VBS flash-back.

Last year I was Joel's religious ed teacher. It didn't go very well. I decided that he would do better with someone else as his leader at VBS and I was proven right. It was a great relief to hear that he did fantastic. Carolyn was made for VBS with her love of crafts and singing. Hey - maybe she can be the leader of VBS someday. I don't aspire to that job :) I will gladly be a crew leader, though, each year my children participate or volunteer. It is a fun atmosphere, with great people.

1 comment:

  1. I love the connection as well. It was indeed a great time.

    ReplyDelete