Sunday, November 6, 2011

Brave Girl


Carolyn, Joel and Anna were rough housing and Anna hit the hearth! She needed 4 stitches, but did amazingly well. She indicated the numbing shot hurt and was hot, but then sat still while they put the stitches in....I am her mother and I was truly amazed that ANY child would do so well. They were great at the urgent care. They put us ahead of all the people waiting (sorry guys) and we were home w/in an hour of the accident. I think we got precidence because there is a window of time before you have to worry about infection etc. The doctor (who was great) said there should be no scar - and even a little one won't be seen in her eyebrow. The stitches come out on Friday.

2 comments:

  1. Poor baby! I'm glad you got triaged to the top of the list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad it went smooth and she did okay. We spent almost five hours at gateway er when bridget needed stiches in her chin. I said later that we should have gone to the urgent care, but then someone told me that urgent care wouldn't have done the stitched anyway.

    Anna looks like exactly how I picture Carolyn in my head still. Probably the next time I see Carolyn (when she gets married?) she will look like how I picture YOU in my head. ... a cute twenty-something :)

    ReplyDelete