Thursday, February 16, 2012

A few of my Valentines

Here is Carolyn with her "locker" box.


Joel and his Sojourner - Mars Rover (named after Sojourner Truth....extra good name). The real Sojourner Rover wasn't much bigger than his box!


Anna and her box of hearts (that originally did have wheels....similar to Joel's).


Matthew doesn't have a Valentine box. While he did approve of a "Valentine related" picture, he asked I use a plain picture on the blog. I can respect that :)


Here he is modeling his look without glasses, since he was fit with contacts today. (our vision insurance is pretty good. It will buy new glasses every other year, but only changing the lenses on the off year. I think that would be a silly thing to do, since glasses are pretty cheap. Instead they do offer $105 credit toward contacts in the off year....so there wasn't much to lose on this contact trial. They will especially be nice for soccer. Matthew's vision is MUCH worse than mine, so I would love him to see well all the time. At the appt. he was able to get them in and out like a breeze - unlike me, especially originally. He will take them out each night before reading for the night, so that he never falls asleep with them in.....which Ken does every night, but shouldn't.....but of course I am not his mother :)

3 comments:

  1. Okay if Matthew can handle contacts than i should be able too, right? :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kiddos are growing so big! Contacts are definitely a sign of maturity, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...sweet photos. I tried contacts once...they drove me crazy. Apparently my cornea has an unusual shape. Who knew.

    ReplyDelete