Thursday, February 16, 2012

New baby in the family

Ken's niece is expecting a baby in August. That means we will be great-Aunt and great-Uncle....yes that feels old.

I have a baby boy quilt that I made to be "gender-neutral" but it really isn't. It is waiting in the wings if her baby is a boy. I started a baby girl quilt inspired by this post

It is harder than the work I usually do, because there are non-right angles and things intertwine. I had to make a pattern and I am designing the WHOLE thing on my wall before I start. It has taken more brainpower than my usual quilt!

(the red in the design will be pink in the quilt)


It is fun, because the baby's grandmother gave me some of this fabric and some is from Carolyn's quilt. (Carolyn was a bridesmaid in the mother-to-be's wedding.)

2 comments:

  1. I am SO excited to hear about this quilt. I was actually the very next comment on Amanda Jean's blog post that day. How cool is that?! This quilt has been in my mental queue forever so keep notes and share details!

    ReplyDelete