Sunday, November 11, 2012

Halloween in review

Clearly no family theme this year!
Matthew was "Mine-craft guy".  He made the costume himself.  He did a great job, Google "Mine-craft guy" and he looks just like this.  (Mind-craft is a computer game that has low pixels I guess, that's why Mine-craft guy looks so boxy.)  If you want a better explanation you will have to ask a teen-ager.

Matthew went trick or treating for canned goods with the Youth Ministry again.  Carolyn can't wait to join him next year when she ages out of "normal" trick-or-treating.

 Anna clearly is a sailor.  We found the costume last year when shopping the day after Halloween!  She won runner up at the YMCA Halloween party.
 Joel is a race car driver.  He wanted to be something scary, but I told him we don't do scary at our house.  He seemed to really like this costume, thank goodness, since we really only started thinking about it a couple days before Halloween and I had this stored away from last year or the year before when I bought it after Halloween at a deep discount :-)    See a pattern?  Spoiler alert - next year he will be a Ninja that I got after Halloween this year.  I decided being a Ninja isn't too scary :0)
 Carolyn changed her mind about 5 times re: her Halloween costume.  In the end she decided to wear the dress I wore last year to help with Trick-or-treat for canned goods (with the Youth Ministry at church).  She was another runner up at the YMCA party.  You might think everyone was a runner-up, but there were only 3 girls - 2 just happened to have my last name :0)  When I wore this, I thought it "Juliet"-ish.  I am not sure what Carolyn called herself.  Will have to ask when she returns from basketball practice.  (Guess what - we got this costume 90% off a few years ago - I know you are shocked!)
Although I couldn't help with the Youth Ministry this year (I had class), I did dress up to go to get frozen Yogurt at Cherry Berry and to walk around the block with the kids.  I am holding the Halloween book we left outside full of candy while we were gone trick or treating.

4 comments:

  1. Everyone looks great!

    Ps I love the commenting with ease now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FUN!! My boys know all about Minecraft and so they came skidding to my computer to see the costume. Great job all around!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What awesome photos - but the kids are growing up so fast and look so big. Make them stop please as it is making me feel really old!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No way that's Anna!!! Eesch..time is just flying isn't it! I love all the costumes -- especially Matthew's ... super clever! We don't do scary here either. I can't bear it. The scariest we've had was a werewolf that looks like a regular dog! :)

    ReplyDelete