Friday, December 26, 2014

Biggest Change for our Family (member) this year



Here is Matthew the day he interviewed for his job at HyVee grocery store.  He got offered the job on the spot which made his day!  He is a hard worker, which is good because he is sacking groceries and bringing in carts from the parking lot....manual labor.  He makes great money for a 16 year old ($9/hour).  Even I, his mother, would pay his inexperienced self only minimum wage, but HyVee is employee owned and CLEARLY takes care of its employees.


Extra picture is Matthew in his first tux.  In "the world is crazy" fashion, our high school provides these concert band uniforms for the 10-12th graders.  He also is in the Jazz band, which is great practice.  I think he is very motivated to earn a Band letter, which you can't get without extra work (like Jazz band).  It requires him to be at school at 7:00 am 2 days a week, so I give him a lot of credit.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, great job, Matthew! Does he work mostly on weekends? I guess that means he is driving, too. Which makes sense. I have seen David Thompson driving the van with Karen. Lord, help me, it will be me in three years. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Matthew is growing up before our eyes. To be gainfully employed is an accomplishment. Congrats on such a fine work ethic.

    ReplyDelete