Friday, December 26, 2014

The Dresses

While visiting my parents over Thanksgiving, we looked through my mother's cedar chest.  We found my old First Communion Dress and had to give it life again.  Anna will wear her sister's First Communion Dress for the real day (since styles have changed a bit and a rust stain has appeared), but I love seeing Anna in my old dress.  She also is taller than I was at her age, so it is SHORT!  I remember being one of the smallest in my 2nd grade class, but clearly I caught up.
 Anna 12/2014
Betsy Spring 1977
Carolyn (in this generation's dress) Spring 2010....a bit longer  (Carolyn is older than Anna at the same grade level, so I may need to shorten this dress for Anna.)

2 comments:

  1. Love this!
    Margaret will be wearing Bridget's dress, but she will wear my veil like Bridget did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have my dress but my boys eschewed wearing it. Imagine that. It's very sweet that your girls can share.

    ReplyDelete