Sunday, February 21, 2016

Valentines Day Climb

To celebrate Valentine's Day, Ken and I went rock-climbing and then mall-walking until dinner time!  This was followed by a delicious meal at BoneFish Grill...yum
 I thought the hardest thing was the pressure on my hands, then loss of strength when I got closer to the top.  (there was also a bit of fear at that point, although I wasn't scared I would fall - it just felt very high)

 
 Coming Down


 This is where I said, "I don't know where else to put my foot."....This also might have been as high as I reached.  I never touched the top.
 Ken always reached the top.
 We will definitely be back.  We will take the belay course (although Ken already knows how due to scouts) and then bring the kids.  I like Climb Iowa, where we went, because they have auto belay, which is what we used during our first outing.  If it was up to me, every place would have auto belay.  It feels so secure - because there can be no human error and it has 40 lbs of pressure, that also helps make things a bit easier.

Here is our Edible Arrangement, missing were all the chocolate covered strawberries that were eaten pretty quickly! (photo-bomb courtesy of Matthew)

2 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your rock climbing skills. Looks like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete