Sunday, July 18, 2021

Anna goes to Catholic Youth Camp!!!

 I love this place.  Here you can see Anna with her buddy Ruth.  In the background are the brand new boy's cabins!  They created these cabins just in time to have the 2020 season cancelled.  Joel actually has stayed in them twice.  Once for CORE (Youth ministry leaders) retreat in the fall and then for Faith in Action in the Spring!

Anna had a great time!  She finally took the swim test and went canoeing.  Previous years she said that she just couldn't tread water for so long!  (I knew she could and I am guessing that this year most of the kids did go canoeing.)  I wish we had family camp.  (They did do this some years, but we were on vacation during the year when I was paying attention!)


Great story...when I was standing in line I saw this guy:


He looked very familiar to me.....so I asked, "Have you done Faith in Action?"  (This program is our whole diocese, not just our church.)  He said he did and asked my last name.  When I said McCleary, he said, "You mean Lyn?"  (Some people call Carolyn, Lyn although I don't)  He went on, "She was one of my favorite people."  Now I think Anthony is a great guy, volunteering his time this week to be a camp  counselor, but even more than that I am shocked that he remembered Carolyn by her last name 2 + years later.  (Faith in Action was cancelled Carolyn's senior year.)  Doesn't that story warm your heart?


No comments:

Post a Comment