Thursday, July 22, 2021

Rummage sale success

 

Our church returned to having a rummage sale and it was a winner.  I spent $94.25 but here is what things would have cost new (and many things were new in the box!!)  Plus the money went to the church maybe for the Peter's Pence fund (for when people request help with rent etc.....but I could be wrong, it might go for some other service)

Table and 4 chairs for Carolyn's apartment fall 2022, in such great shape and solid wood (<$400)

I bought this fun game to take on vacation. ($11.95 on Amazon)

A fidget toy ($6 new from Tangle)...might take this to work


2 @ 50 cents each, new in the box (online $17.90 each)

The Better Baker Gourmet Bowl maker


new earbuds for small ears for Anna (listed on Ebay for $44, and $39.95 on Amazon...but I think now this specific pair are only sold by secondary sellers and sometimes they are just shooting for the moon...but they were $3 new at the sale)


New in the box Pampered Chef 9X13 baker  (online $70 to a crazy $179...they don't sell this exact item on Pampered chef anymore...this is considered "vintage")  I know that I always considered this item too expensive to buy when I went to Pampered Chef parties


New in the box Henry Watson mortar and pedestal ($35 online)  (Carolyn found this for herself)



Step into reading Phonics book set (looked new at the sale, on Amazon $10.59)  (I hope to eventually be a reading volunteer)


A smattering of other things and 28 additional children's books (mostly paperback, 50 cents each and the books I picked mostly looked "in excellent condition")

I bet most of the kitchen items that were new in the box might have been given as gifts to someone who eventually decided, "I will never use this"  I might not keep the Gourmet Bowl maker after we try a few things, but everything else I really like for keeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment