Thursday, February 3, 2022

Why I should never go into business!

 I was asked to help solicit food and prizes for the Post-Prom party.  I hate soliciting things, but 2 of Joel's friend's moms are in charge, so I felt like I couldn't say no.

Anyway, I have 10 places to call on (with Joel....since he is the recipient of the donations).

Today I went to Mainstreet Café because it is far across town and I had to go that way to the library.  I decided I could go it alone, since I would just buy some cookies and it wouldn't feel awkward.

So I bought us each a cookie and then asked for the worker to give the manager the form from the Post-Prom committee.  (The manager was talking to someone who was looking for a job.  This gentleman came in right before I needed to ask to see the manager.  Much more important...hope he gets the job!)  

My bill for the 4 cookies----$18.  I wish I was making this up.  Who charges $4.5 for a cookie?  Plus they had too much frosting, so it wasn't like I was getting the perfect cookie for $4.5.....sigh

I decided if I was going to pay that much for some cookies, they were going to be given under the "birthday treat" banner!!!  Look at this cool picture my Cricuit could cut!!  (Joel will be at Show Choir all day on his birthday, so early celebrations!!!)



1 comment:

  1. Love the CRICUT picture….and hope the cookies were yummy!!

    ReplyDelete