Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Virtual Quilting Bee - MAY



I thought last month was a challenge - but happy that I could "get 'er done". (repeat after me, challenge is good, challenge is good) This month was equally challenging and I am glad that I tackled it! I have appliqued before, but it isn't my quilting of choice. (When I get to choose, that is.) This one took HOURS of hand-sewing, appliqueing around curves - but it was a nice activity while sitting with my hub. after the kids went to bed. If you can't see it, I made the cupcake holder "ridged" like a real cupcake holder (the ridges were not done by hand).

BTW, the instructions included the picture of the cupcake and the directions "applique-only" and a square of the border material that I matched my fabric to. The Quilter of the Month is making a birthday quilt.

I couldn't have this quilt in my house...it would make me think of eating cake, beautiful festive cup-cakes...all the time! YUM!

2 comments:

  1. My oh my, Betsy! The handiwork is beautiful. Did you not trust your machine to do the appliqué? Or did you just want to sew by hand? I love it and can't wait to see the whole bakery.

    PS. My word verification was blessed. How amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I **LOVE** this block! I am a big time cupcake fan! Just ask my kiddoes! I really like the colors in this block and I think it is so special that you handstitched! I had to zoom in to see the ridges - what a clever idea! I just wish I could see all of the finished quilts after seeing some of the completed blocks!

    Cupcakes! Love them! Especially with sprinkles!

    ReplyDelete