Thursday, December 16, 2010

It is SNOW good!

First the good news. I found the missing Christmas presents! I bought several presents online and needed to hide them. I did such a great job, I couldn't find them. I think something similar happened with Carolyn's doll last year. This is the thanks I get for shopping early (and having a poor memory for detail). I cleaned out (well - started to) the storage room and found the doll quilts I am making for the girls. They have been mostly done since this summer, but then went missing this fall. They were found under some other fabric. - Are you really surprised? The box of missing online presents were just on top of the shelving unit in my closet. I just didn't look high enough. I am totally reverent when I say PRAISE GOD. One of the online gifts was bought online because I have never seen it in stores and will be a total hit for Joel on Christmas morning. I was stressed out, because I didn't know what I was going to replace it with and because it was a glaring reminder of my inability to keep my ducks in a row!! I am very pleased that they were found.

Also here are a few "first snow" pictures. Matthew didn't think it was enough snow to leave his project. (He was making a Power Point presentation of his Minute to Win-It experiment. Not to get totally off the subject, but they were learning about statistics etc. and so he had to get 50+ 6th and 7th graders to try to bounce a ball into a cup on their head in less then a minute. Initially the teacher wanted 89 subjects, but I guess he came to his senses. It was a challenge since Matthew doesn't know that many kids. Luckily he was able to get a bunch from church and scouts. I wish I had taken pictures, because it was a fun project. For the record, I did not think that when I thought he had to find 89 subjects.)

Back to the first snow. I still have fond memories of playing in the snow and coming in for hot chocolate. Joel and Carolyn were Anna's heroes, because her boot fell off in the back yard. Carolyn had Joel run to get me, while she kept Anna's foot warm. It was very sweet. Perhaps I am a slacker mom, but I am glad she is big enough to play with them outside while I watch from inside. I did buy snow pants this year, however, and we already have spent bonding time outside together clearing the foot of compacted snow that the plows left at the bottom of our driveway. We have a fire hydrant at the end of our drive, so I really am working hard to not let the snow build up there!


No comments:

Post a Comment