Thursday, December 2, 2010

New Advent Tradition

I will admit that I have been an Advent slacker in the past. We have done a bit here and there, but haven't done as much as I would like. Today we invited one of our Faith and Friendship members (who also is our Adult Faith Formation staff member) to share Advent ideas. She did a great job with adult and child ideas.

My family is going to start doing a Jesse Tree this year and we are going to make a paper chain that will be full of our good deeds. We will then decorate our Christmas tree with the chain.

Joel made the first contribution to the chain by writing a letter. I suggested his Grandma who lives in Texas in the winter, since she won't be luck and get to see him at Christmas. Here is what he came up with. (I did suggest the picture of baby Jesus, but he did the rest (I guess I also helped with the spelling of "would"). I especially like that he labeled the people.)


Another thing that brings me Christmas cheer is this video link (click Hallelujah below) that my sister-in-law sent me. It is a Flash Mob where they sang this beautiful song in the middle of a food court. I especially love the chorus of PEACE ON EARTH.
Hallelujah

1 comment:

  1. Marry and Joesuf! Precious writing of little people warms my heart.

    ReplyDelete