Saturday, January 1, 2011

Year in review

My friend MJ started a tradition of asking her kids a list of questions on their birthdays. Years ago I had done something similar, not necessarily on birthdays. I think Joel only completed the list one time, if that is any indication of how well I did at this neat tradition. I decided that New Year's Day might be a good day to ask everyone a list of questions. Many were lifted from MJ's list, but many are the same as I asked years ago for the kid's scrapbooks. MJ, if you mind the plagiarism, leave a comment and I will create a completely new list next year - I promise.

Ken even completed the list of questions, but I am pretty sure he wouldn't complete a list in 2012, if I published his answers this year.


Matthew took 5Xs as long as anyone else to complete his list and it was like pulling teeth. He wanted each answer to be creative and the absolute best answer possible. (I tried to convince him that originality was not needed.)

Within Carolyn's answers, there were a few surprises, but like most of the family, I could probably have answered for her.

Joel was finished in no time. He certainly had a DS theme and painted an accurate portrait of how he sees himself - "afraid of nothing" "so cool" "God" is his hero - I borrowed that answer too!

Anna obviously needed a bit of help and was terribly swayed by the fact that she was eating the ring pop that she got in her Christmas stocking at Grandma and Grandpa's house. If I had let her, "eating this ring pop" would have been the answer to 5 questions". She also was highly suggestible, often answering the last thing I offered to her on a list of options. I did use some "insider knowledge" to answer some of her questions

1 comment:

  1. I love that your two oldest put "family" for things they value. . .you are doing something right!
    I love that you put white house for your favorite memory! :))

    Come on, show us Ken's..... :))) j/k

    ReplyDelete