Monday, August 13, 2012

Adventureland

We finally made it to Adventureland, which is the theme park that is about 20 minutes away. The kids had the time of their life, me not as much :0) I did have an overall good day, but made a bad initial decision: I chose to go on The Tornado as the first ride of the day. I reasoned that most rides were out because they spinned and I knew I had ridden the Tornado as a teenager. I also thought, "golly, if they let little kids like Anna on it, it much be somewhat tame". My 2nd mistake (after getting on the ride), was closing my eyes - which probably exacerbated the nausea. Here is the family before the big ride. Matthew and Ken thought it was fun and the others thought it was "ok". It was the last rollercoaster for all but Ken and Matthew.
Here are Matthew and Carolyn in front of Joel and me on the "ski gondola" ride. This wasn't a ride I would allow Anna to go on, since it was so high up.
Here is Joel, sitting next to me, high in the air. It did make me a bit anxious to be so high up, but I was as cool as a cucumber, so as not to pass on my fears to the next generation :)
I probably could have done this ride (Raging Waters), if it had preceded the Tornado, but I am glad that I could get some very nice pictures, since I was not feeling the best for the next 4-6 hours.
Here is a crazy ride that Matthew, Carolyn and Ken went on. Joel and Anna weren't tall enough, but I don't think they had interest anyway. Matthew and Ken are the real daredevils of the group.
We stayed all day and I think everyone will have great memories (even me!). I also learned a valuable lesson, so that I won't do something similar when we spend the big bucks in Florida (hopefully) next summer.

3 comments:

  1. Non-drowsy Dramamine--- get it! Wonder drug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode my first small rides in years this past summer. I am not ready for the big rides yet...always hated them. But my adventurous boys will want to be riding them next year and I need to just suck it up and go with them!

    ReplyDelete