Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Day of Fun

We had the first day of perfect weather here on Saturday.  
We started the day with a ride on horses.  The owners of this charity give all proceeds to Camp Sunnyside and donated the use of their horses for the day.  Fun to ride, nice to donate.


 Last time I road a horse was before Matthew was born.  Joel and Carolyn have ridden here in Iowa, but this was Anna's first ride.  (the picture above....later she road with me too)  She wasn't hesitant at all.  Jumped right up.  I brought her with me on my ride, since it seemed wrong to be a 43 year old on a horse ride around the Earl May parking lot.  I still didn't want to pass up the chance - stay young - right?
After the horse ride we went to "Healthy Family Day" at the Y, which was cool....followed by a quick stop at the Cub scout recruiting event Ken and Matthew were working at, then dashing off to Joel's baseball game (need to get some pictures next time).  Later we went to church and Anna and Joel road bikes (Anna is now training wheel free.....she started last year, but this year thought she wanted them back on, but when the training wheels weren't found quickly enough.....off she went.  (again - I need to get a photo of the fun)

That night Anna said something like, "this great day of fun should never end".  It was pretty awesome.  Fajitas made by Ken finished out the night with some yum!

2 comments:

  1. I don't think you could have packed much more fun in a day. I would have jumped right up for a horse ride too.

    Glad to see you back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the days the kids say they don't want it to end. A wonderful memory.

    ReplyDelete