Tuesday, April 23, 2013

It is that time of year again.

The great clothing swap - winter going to summer. Of course we are still wearing winter coats today - but it certainly is going to warm up some day - right?  Plus on top of the usual swap, my storage room is a disaster.

I had to search again to find this blog entry....to remind myself that I can get back here.

I am not pointing fingers, but most of the stuff-ola belongs to the kids and they haven't really been pulling their weight in the "purge-junk" department.  I am giving them a warning today and then I am having at it.  If they can't keep their stuff cleaned up, well then, they need less stuff.  I actually started purging last month (many many totes gone - clothing and toys) and took another trip to the "truck" (St.Vincent de Paul Thrift shop has a truck in the parking lot of our church) this weekend.

Yes we have no bananas (I mean Barbies).  They haven't been played with in 8 months - goodbye!

Why am I writing this post....well to avoid cleaning I guess - ha ha.  No really - I need encouragement.  Let me know if you have any good "storage room cleaning tips" and how you get rid of gifts others have given/toys that are sentimental, but not played with anymore.....etc.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had some great words of advice but I too have a difficult time letting go of the kids toys that have sentimental value. Good luck with your project, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I please have a copy of the script that accompanies the talk about too much stuff, can't put it away, have to make room? As for sentimental toys and gifts, I am a fan of taking a photo and holding onto that or maybe a bin that said toys can live in. The size of the bin contains the number of things kept. I am not a fan of sneaking purging. That always comes back and bites me. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't give good advice here. We are still holding on to toooooo many things ourselves. We just took a load to a preschool and that was helpful but waaaaaaaaay overdue. I'll let you know if I can conquer it one day.

    ReplyDelete