Tuesday, June 29, 2021

crazy bike ride


The boys and I went on a bike ride tonight...I am going to pretend this is the photo from tonight, because I like photos and didn't take one today.  I told the boys they could go ahead of me because we were biking to an ice cream place and I wasn't going to eat ice cream anyway.  (I was just along for the ride.)

So anyway....on this bike ride, my handle bars went wonky (sliding down), I caught my shoe-lace in my pedal at a very wrong time and then got bit by a bee or some sort of mean bug.  It made me realize that I have rarely ever gotten bitten by anything other than a mosquito/fly/ladybug in my life (3 times that I can remember....one time was before 3rd grade, once was almost 20 years ago and today!)...thank goodness.  Although the bite did swell up for awhile, it has gone down already, less than an hour later.  The red spot, which grew rather large, doesn't even hurt anymore.  (whew)  I don't think the bee/bug had much time on my skin.

Some might think that this would make me not want such future adventures, but it really didn't.  I think more adventures are in order, but that I should travel with hex screw-drivers and my phone!  I didn't really need my phone, but it was close!  

The best thing is that Matthew volunteered to ride my bike home (I declined) and Joel (almost) fixed my bike when he got home.  (We need a smaller hex., but hopefully Ken can find one....he is out of town.)  It is nice to have nice kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment