Saturday, June 12, 2021

I LOVE BOOKS!

Yesterday Matthew called me to say he found a great garage sale for me.  This translated to:  Garage Sale has books.  It is funny that Matthew and I sometimes spend a Saturday morning biking around for garage sales, because when he was growing up I rarely went to garage sales.

 Lately though, I have loved garage sales because it is a place to get good used books.  They have to be near perfect for me to buy them since I am going to turn around and give them away.  (I would never give away a book that didn't look very nice.)  Like I told Ken, kids with hearing loss often struggle to learn to read.  A couple of years ago, we started a book give away at work.  It started because I had about 100 books to give away that my kids had outgrown.  Anyway, since then I have bought books at the library (best deal 25cents for little kid books), Good-Will, Salvation Army, Stuff Consignment store, RheaLana consignment pop-up sale and garage sales!!

Today was one of my best days.  (except a RheaLana sale in 2019 when I filled a shopping cart.)  I bought 80 books for under $40!  Most were a 50 cents, 30 were 3 for $1, a couple were $1 and few 25 cents!  Can't beat it.

This morning was just so great.  Biking around with Matthew (who helped me haul the books home) was fun.  Two of the garage sales were at the homes of Anna and Joel's former teachers (kindergarten and 2nd grade).  I also went to Anna's friend's sale and she tried to give me the books for free, "you can just have these".....isn't that the sweetest thing?  I said absolutely not of course!  Also Joel's Eagle Scout buddy Levi's family had a sale.  I saw more people today than probably the whole of summer 2020 (not counting work and church)!

I figure that I have to take advantage of the season.  Garage sales don't even last the whole summer.  So I am stocking up! 

No comments:

Post a Comment