Saturday, September 4, 2021

8/15/21

 My sweet Aunt Rita died earlier in the week.  So on Sunday of our crafting weekend, Mary went to pick-up my Dad in Burlington.  Leslie and I crafted for awhile longer, then I left for Dubuque to meet Mary and Dad for the funeral (to be held on Monday).

We met at my Aunt Bernice's house.  This is my Dad's oldest living sister.  I think she is 96 and still lives alone and bakes tons of cakes and cookies.  (see cookies on the table that she sent home with Dad)  She also is mostly blind and her house is immaculate.  Wow!  


Later that night we stopped by to see my Uncle Russ and Aunt Joan.  I don't have to say that Russ is Dad's brother....pretty obvious.  Russ is 93 and recently had lung surgery and is doing great.  I still remember the time I went to their house and their kids took me ice skating for the first time in my life!


Here is the dinner after my Aunt Rita's funeral.  (Rita was my mother's brother's wife.  She gave me my first permanent.  We normally stayed at their house when we went back to Dubuque to visit my Grandmother, once she was living in the nursing home.)  Here are some of our favorite cousins:  Jerry (Rita's daughter) and Jerry (her husband).


(Dad....I will print you copies of these photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment