Wednesday, December 22, 2021

The night before the night before Christmas

Today we were supposed to be in Burlington. No one had work, because we all had plans! Joel is out of Covid prison and he is the only one we know is TOTALLY safe from Covid today. 

 Matthew esp. should be safe as he didn't come home until 1 week after Joel showed symptoms. Now he is boosted. Carolyn is mostly safe as she never has been in a room with Joel. (Boosted right before she came home.) Ken and I are boosted and Anna is barely 6 months past her 2nd vaccine. So maybe she is at the most risk. Really there is no question with her being in school....I think the risk from Joel is past since she hasn't been in a room with him for 8-9 days. She is doing well, trying to wear a mask at school and other places. That said, I am letting her go to the flute party tonight. She will wear a mask (because of my request), but likely won't have many similarly masked.....sigh! 

 I talked to my Dad today and he said that Allie, my niece, has Covid. So no one in my brother Mike's family will travel to Burlington. (She works in healthcare sales and her fiancĂ© is a Dr., so she was early vaccinated and early boosted....sigh!) Sad to hear that boosted people too are getting Covid. 

 Anyway on a happy note, Carolyn made the most beautiful charcuterie board for us today. We joked that it was very different from your standard "meat and cheese tray" that you make when you are serving many many people. Fancy fancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment