Monday, May 2, 2022

Won't give up my day job!

First of all....we need to  remember what a cute Cy Cyclone the Cricut machine can make.....

So I got the great idea that I could make a stencil and create cool cookies for Joel's grad party.

To do this I had to simplify the cut  (ignore the yellow below - this isn't the  cut.  rather I would color the cookie yellow and add the "I")


So far so good.  I had to find a good plastic and I tried a couple of things....

I bought spray food color and tried that......

uh NO!


The spray bled under the stencil :0(

It was a special bummer because I drove to Walmart at 9 o'clock Sunday night to buy the spray because I was so excited to try it.

Then today, I made a thicker stencil (with new plastic...something I had around the house - thank goodness I didn't buy something else for this project)....

Not as bad, but still doesn't look at all like Cy the Cyclone.....rather it looks like a horse-rabbit!


While I will never be a cookie-designer.....I think Anna has excellent potential (see below).

I made some cookies for Ken to take to his mom on Wednesday and Anna accidentally ate one.  (She asked if she could, but I thought she was talking about the food that was near the cookie, but she was talking about the cookie!)  Anyway....She went to the freezer and got out another cookie that I made last week to decorate the day before the grad party.  And this is what she created!

Go Anna!!  (I think I will have a good helper on the 21st)







No comments:

Post a Comment