Sunday, May 1, 2022

Anna visits the Windy City (and I don't mean Ankeny....which is "the other windy city"

 Chicago Band Trip....

When this trip was announced, did I think she was actually going to get to go?  NO.

I thought Covid would keep them away - but they made it.  They left on Thursday, performed Friday and had fun the rest of the weekend.  They are heading back to Iowa right now!


Here is the Anna performing.  I haven't heard how it went yet.  She plays in the 9th grade band (they have to perform alone because they aren't housed in the high school....there are 2 other bands for grades 10-12)  I think the top band must have done well as there were many trophy's pictured on the band app....but no details.  Our neighbor is a chaperone and sent this to us.

Anna sent this photo...I believe from the top of the Hancock building.  (She also sent her Dad a photo of Wrigley field as they drove by....she knows him well!)


Here is Anna, on bus #1 (there were 4)...she is in the back row, a little to the right of middle.


Here is Anna with the entire band, by the bean!!  I can just see the top of her head, back far left.


No comments:

Post a Comment