Sunday, January 15, 2023

1st Concert Band performance

 Trying to give even play time (to band vs choir) on the blog, but I only took terrible photos at this concert.  (blame the lighting and my inexperience with this type of situation...photography class needed! a goal of mine)

Anna had one of those, "wow" moments when she made the top band (Wind Symphony) as a sophomore.  (Her school doesn't have freshman, so she is the baby of the group....just a handful of 10th graders.)  After try outs she said, "I don't know if I will EVER make the top band" [because her grade has so many flutists]  So now she never needs to worry about this, because she is practicing like a crazy-woman to make sure she is good enough to be in the group.  (really a chicken-egg thing....which came first - the practicing or making the band to inspire more practicing)


The photo is black and white because the color photo was washed out and I could give her back some facial features with the computer's filters if I used black and white.  I kinda like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment