Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Count your blessings

As you know our family was sad to leave Newburgh and all its wonderful people behind. Today, however is a day to be thankful for all we have been given. This post is specifically about the gifts we received because we moved to Iowa.

We will get to see friends from Omaha, South Dakota, Minneapolis and Iowa much more easily. Here are snap shots from my friend Kayla's visit to see us in January. It was wonderful to see her again. As you can tell by the picture, my entire family thinks she is awesome. Today I mentioned that I was using a recipe of hers and the kids were very excited (she really knows her way around a kitchen!).
Buying Christmas presents for my husband has gotten easier. This weekend he took the big kids to celebrate his gift of Hawkeye basketball tickets. Originally he was just supposed to take one of his children, but he got a good price on kid's tickets, so he took everyone over the age of 2! (Ok - it kind of ended up being a gift of peace and quiet to me, but it was HIS idea to take them all.) I think the kids enjoyed spending time with their cousins the most, and I enjoyed seeing my brother, his wife and their 3 children.
Most importantly, we are much closer to our family (my parents, Ken's parents and several of my siblings).

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how close you are to your family (geographically speaking) but I know how precious the relationship is between my boys and their grandparents. It was fostered all the more when we lived within a few hours of each other. Wishing you lots of snuggle time on the couch together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am thrilled for you. I remember some of the conversations we had while you were here about how much you wanted to have family closer for your children. I'm very happy for you.

    ReplyDelete