Friday, February 27, 2009

Homes - apartments/houses/etc.

To celebrate the sale of our former home in Indiana, I thought it would be fun to remember all the places we lived in our 16+ years of marriage. We were married in Jan 1993 while I was finishing graduate school in Minneapolis MN. We left there when I finished school to start our professional careers in Omaha. The first year we were in Minneapolis it snowed a crazy 30+ inches on Halloween. (plus I had no car for the first 5 months, so I had to walk to campus (I guess even after I had a car I walked to campus- brrrr)

The semester before we were married our roomates married each other and Ken lived with wonderful people the A* family. B* was a grad school friend and his wife and son welcomed Ken into their home for a little over 4 months. This act of kindness goes on my list as "some of the nicest things people have ever done".
There was this lovely view of Minneapolis from our apartment -(if you lived on the other side of the building :)

There was a great pool, but to be honest, it was usually too cold, or I was too busy with graduate school to use it! In my defense I only lived there one summer.


2 comments:

  1. I love the thought of seeing your abodes over time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy---Congratulations on selling your house! I am so happy for you! Now you will be able to move forward and find "the" place for your family! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete