Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Couldn't have done it without ya!

Ken and I were VERY BLESSED to have our parents come to help with the move. Without their help we would still be surrounded by boxes. (We still have boxes, just not surrounded by them!) We can’t thank them enough. They helped with the kids and “the dirty work”. The house was left vacuumed and with a clean fridge and microwave….then the sellers moved to their new home without cleaning anything else. Luckily, cleaning an empty house is pretty quick work and I had great help [thanks Grandmas + Grandpas (that’s what I call my folks and Ken’s folks when the kids are around and sometimes when they aren't)]!

I decided to motivate myself to get rooms finished by putting completed areas on my blog. [Plus I know many people will never actually see my house (although again, you are always welcome).]

Welcome to “The Ankeny Tour of Homes (I mean Home)“!

Here is my kitchen, you wouldn’t be seeing it for a few days if it weren’t for my mother’s encouragement (“get it put away, you will feel much better”). She was right!
Here is my laundry room, which has already seen a lot of action. (again thanks to Grandmas) I am just happy to have a room completed (and no dirty laundry).Here is one of the storage units my father-in-law and Ken built this weekend. The other one is even bigger! Glad to report both are full of totes! They bring me such joy that Ken is going to build some moreI promised my Mom as she and my Dad drove away, that I would finish the desk in the kitchen today, so I better get to work!

2 comments:

  1. I love the tour and I can appreciate the motivation behind it. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know what I would do without plastic totes. Probably 25% of our house is stored in plastic totes all the time ... I use them for everything! I've gotten hooked on the clear totes now because I can see what's in them. I'm not replacing perfectly good colored totes but as I need new ones I am purchasing clear. And I have this thing about needing to hang my favorite clothes to dry. I have it in my mind the dryer damages clothes faster than drip drying. We always have clothes hanging in the laundry at any given time. Have fun settling in. I can't wait to be in your stage!

    ReplyDelete