Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Bad news, good news and the best news

The bad news is that I had to put some "miscellaneous" boxes back into the storage room to temporarily conclude the great basement-clean-up. Ken's sister arrived on Monday and I wanted everything off the floor and picked up. The toys had all been sorted and put away, the school supplies divided out and the craft materials had been boxed up, but there are still more things that need my attention (that stuff that needs a permanent home or needs to leave my home :)

The good news is that my house looked great when they got here. There was minimal clutter on the shelf-like trim in the basement (sewing supplies and odds and ends). Other than that the basement looked great and there was a wide path through the storage room. (extra special - my scrapbook table is prepped and waiting for the kids to go back to school and then it is scrapping time!) Everything was off every floor and counter in the kid's rooms, dinning room, family room and kitchen. My bedroom looked like it could be a room at a bed and breakfast and my office rocked! This is how my house looks when we have overnight guests who have never seen our house and it is how I wish I could keep it all the time. Of course that is only a dream and not my reality, but I can keep trying!

The best news is that we joined the YMCA! I never felt better than the year after we joined the YMCA when Joel was a year old. I exercised all the time and really loved it. Since I mostly went at 5:15am, I was proud of my dedication etc, etc.....then I was pregnant with Anna and I couldn't drag my pregnant self out of bed that early and have never been quite as fit as that. (although I felt great last summer, that was diet more than exercise) Ken indicated that he wanted to get more exercise, so that was the final decision maker for me in joining the Y. Last winter it was VERY hard to exercise due to all the snow and lack of motivation to do work-out videos, etc. SO this year - my exercises can continue throughout all seasons! yeah (I love this better than the clean house and a clean house makes me really happy, although I am not at my best when I am scrambling to get it that way for visitors. crabby crabby crabby)

So as to not end on a crabby note...the kids are excited to go back to school tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on every last bit of this post. Even the "bad" news is really ok. You can look at it and say you knew your limits and rather than make yourself crazy by trying to get too much done and wearing yourself out, you did the next best thing. My house looks like a bomb has hit. My niece arrived, there are toys everywhere and all I have to show for myself is two very cute quilts. I need everyone to go back to school now so I can pick up the house again. Sweet dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember being impressed with your 5:15 dedication, too! remember i told you that when i would see you in car line at KK in front of me you looked so good you were glowing. or wait, was that when you were pregnant with anna!? :) probably both!
    is the Y close to your house?

    mj

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you, Betsy! Woo Hoo for you! I think what Suzanne said is right on target! All good news! Yay!

    ReplyDelete