Thursday, August 12, 2010

New to the wall

Perhaps you remember when I started a new quilt for a friend from Indiana who was in my Bible study? (not the one due in Oct, the one due it Dec....the quilt for Oct. is long done) Well I finished binding this quilt while on retreat in St. Louis, the same time I found out that this baby is going to be a girl! Well, I think this quilt would be fine for "gender-neutral", but since the baby is no longer gender neutral, I thought I might try for a bit more girly and keep the gender-neutral quilt for a different baby, perhaps one whose gender isn't know until the gift needs to be mailed, or perhaps a little boy! SOOOO, here is the girly version of the same quilt. I (obviously) love this quilt style for its simplicity and "modern" look. I don't know if "modern" is the right word. How about improvisational? Anyway, this baby and momma are getting many prayers, because that is what I do when I quilt a baby quilt.



Here is another quilt that will be on the wall a long time, because I just add a bit at a time. I am using scraps from other quilts I have made to make something sentimental (hopefully) for next winter when it gets cold. I have "stolen" from this quilt to make a doll blanket and I am not above doing it again, so it may take awhile! I just love all the memories of the quilts, etc., that I made from each of these fabrics.

3 comments:

  1. BTW, the bottom quilt includes all 2 inch squares. It looks less "even" since some of the columns aren't attached and some columns are on top of others to make room on the wall for the baby quilt in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilts Betsy! And it is so special that you pray over mom and baby with each quilt. Awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making a great deal of baby quilts these days....says the friend who laid out SIX on her floor tonight. Yes, SIX.

    ReplyDelete