Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's the Great Halloween Charlie Brown

We had a wonderful Halloween weekend. Ken's parents came to visit on Saturday, but you will just have to trust me about that because my camera is acting goofy, so when I went back to download more photos it started acting up. After all the Halloween festivities of the weekend, I wasn't wanting to figure it out tonight. It was great to see them and we were very glad that Ken's mom is recovering well from her knee replacement surgery. They will leave Friday for Texas, so we were happy they were able to come to on Saturday.

In our community, Trick or Treat was on Saturday this year. Here are my super heroes.

Although Matthew wasn't dressed as a traditional super hero, his actions were quiet heroic, as he went trick or treating for canned goods with the church Youth Ministry rather than trick or treating for candy. I was able to chaperon this event and it was FANTASTIC. This will be an annual tradition for me, as it was so delightful to witness 6-12 graders giving back to the community and having such a great time doing it and celebrating God. (>1400 items collected!)

Ken took the other kids trick or treating while we left a special "spell" book full of candy for our neighbors on the front porch! On Halloween day we went to my Faith and Friendship group's Halloween party. It was nice to gather with spouses and older children, who are usually at school when we meet.

My super-girl has a new super-skill - solving 24 piece puzzles by herself. I love when the kids hit this milestone. She probably would have done it sooner, but when I am sitting by her she always says, "help me Mama!" Since I was doing other things she did it herself (about 5 times :)

2 comments:

  1. I want to know more about the trick or treating for cans. They went door to door and asked for a canned good? So the occupant would say, "Just a minute?" and come back with a can of beans (or whatever)? Or was there some notice?

    ReplyDelete