Friday, October 29, 2010

My project!


I am reading a new book. I am not recommending it yet, because I am only on the first chapter. Believe it or not, I read about this book in an old magazine that I inherited from my mother-in-law and kept around for when I need "anna's in the bathtub" reading. Anyway what I have read so far really fits me.

Here is a quick quote:
"It was time to expect more of myself. Yet as I thought about happiness, I kept running up against paradoxes. I wanted to change myself but accept myself.....I wanted to use my time well, but I also wanted to wander, to play and to read at a whim....I wanted to let go of envy and anxiety about the future, yet keep my energy and ambition."

I hope to have a goal each month, like the author discusses, although I haven't decided what goals. The author talks about having a check list for your goals to help keep what you want to accomplish in the front of your mind. I do know that for November, my goal will be to increase organization. (YES - this will make me very happy.) I have bought a planner that should get here today and that will be one way. I also hope to make a list of all the important phone numbers I need to have in one place. I also want have all my usernames and passwords together on a neat and typed paper! Small pleasures.

I started my organizing early, by completely finishing the great summer to winter clothes transition. Additionally, I now have separate boxes for each kid and each season, so the sort will be less hectic next time. FYI, I will not be shopping for clothes for the kids in the next year - yippee! Anna is starting to grow into clothes I saved from Carolyn! I love seeing her in them. Carolyn has some cute clothes from J., Nina's daughter. Joel has Matthew's and his 2nd cousin's hand-me-downs. Matthew even has clothes to grow into, but these were just fantastic bargains.

Another way I am "organizing" is by putting my pictures into their correct albums. It feels great to start to get that area under control. (how is that for taking a fun-hobby and making it an organization accomplishment :)

I also just decided to encourage my kids to have their own happiness goals!

2 comments:

  1. It's the little things in life that make me happy, like going to the drawer where the scissors are supposed to be and finding them there. Oh, to be organized. Yippee for you!

    ReplyDelete