Thursday, September 6, 2012

Carolyn is a tween

Carolyn informed me that if you are eleven you are officially a tween. She didn't have a birthday party this year, but paid me a great compliment that our birthday "outing" was better than a party. Here are some of the highlights:
Carolyn and I got our nails done. (I had a gift certificate I received in a thank you note about 18 months ago....to be honest getting my nails done isn't my favorite thing, but it was fun to do together. Our nails are still nicely shaped, but the polish was chipping within a couple days.)
The kids wanted to do a crazy shot with the birthday cake:
Carolyn, Anna and I went window shopping and out to lunch. The mall had the bungie-jumping trampoline thing that Carolyn had done before at the state fair, so I let the girls try it. (It felt quite safe - FYI to Grandma) We didn't tell the boys, because they might never want us to window shop without them again!
Carolyn wanted this book for a LONG time and it really is a great one for a Harry Potter fan (myself included).
She is a lovely tween, and I am very glad we have 2 more years before she is a teen! We don't want to rush these years!

3 comments:

  1. What a special day for Carolyn! Happy birthday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess that makes Ben a 'tween, too! I didn't realize that yet. Aigh!

    Anna did that bungee thing, too!!!?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the crazy birthday shot! Did you try the bungee too? Next time?

    ReplyDelete