Thursday, September 20, 2012

September - gets me everytime

I think September is the most challenging month due to the fact that EVERYTHING is in full swing again after the comparatively low key summer.  Here is Joel, with Ken, this August shooting off his rocket with his scout Den.
So now Scouts (X3 with Anna to start any time), Religious Ed (X5 (if you include my class) + Sunday school), Church Choir (X2, but right before RE), Band (X2, mostly just school) and Soccer (X3 - Anna will get her chance next time) are all in full swing. (Carolyn also just learned to be an Alter server - hope to get a picture of her first time serving this Sunday.)  It will be a little crazy at night through October, when soccer will be done.  Typically only Joel plays basketball, but who knows, maybe Anna will give it a try this year, since Carolyn did in Kindergarten.  (activities seemed easier then!)

It is all good and we only do things we love that aren't too high of a commitment.  (ie. Matthew skips Scouts if home-work calls).  I feel like I do limit the kids activities, but if your kids are going to be in scouts and in a sport and there are 4 kiddos (or 6 for my mom) - it keeps ya hopping!

So tonight Carolyn is the only one with an activity - soccer at 5:15, BUT the library has chess night one time per month and we have never been and the kids (except Anna) love to play chess and really want to go......so I think I will pack a dinner and we will stop there on the way home.  Somehow if you don't HAVE to go, it seems less stressful.  The fact that Carolyn remembered that it is held on the 3rd Thursday and that THIS is the 3rd Thursday was pretty cool.  The things we could drop are the things we don't want to drop (like Church choir for the kids and Faith and Friendship for me.)  So I guess we will just keep hopping!

3 comments:

  1. Whew! You are busy but doing all things that will create great memories for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I have been thinking about you and wondering how everyone was settling back into the school routine. Crazy busy but all good is what I remind myself several times a day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am with you about how things go from slow and easy in the summer to a mad scramble in fall. October is our busier than busy month .. and November has been quite a bit this year. I am looking forward to Thanksgiving .. for some teeny weeny downtime!

    ReplyDelete