Saturday, February 6, 2021

2/6/21

I was just listening to a song by 10,000 Maniacs, which they sung on Saturday Night Live the year I graduated high school (1987)  It is named "Like the Weather"


"With a shiver in my bones just thinking about the weather.
A quiver in my voice as I cry,
"What a cold and rainy day. Where on earth is the sun hid away?""



Seriously, remove "rain" and insert "snow" and the song nailed it.

We are having another blizzard.  I didn't even know we were going to have snow this weekend.

Definitely the worst winter since we moved to Iowa in December 2008 (and December of 2009 set some sort of record!)  I am going to say that it is almost the worst weather I have experienced ever.  (Can't forget grad school in Minneapolis...that was bad too.....but it was MN!!)


And it is hard to get an electrician in the metro I guess.  We are having someone come on Friday so that our treadmill won't kill our circuit breakers.  (we haven't tried it, but the manual was pretty clear)  So still no treadmill!  ugh.  I wish that the manufacturer would state, "Get an electrician to prep for this treadmill while you wait a month and 1/2 for it to arrive." but no, it wasn't until the treadmill was being installed (by Ken) that we realized our lack of amps or something electrical.


No comments:

Post a Comment