Sunday, March 1, 2009

Omaha, NE

Here is our 2nd stop during our married life. 60th and Maple in the Benton area of Omaha - probably not the best area of town, definitely not the best neighbors below us (I think they were evicted - let's just say they didn't get along very well). Yes there is a stop light right outside our bedroom window and it was a bit noisy. We picked this place because a co-worker owned the building and because I moved to Omaha a month before Ken. (He probably would have found us something better :) The main reason we chose it was because it was cheap - and we were able to save enough money after 1 year to move into our first home....tune in later this week....Thanks to my friend C* who took this picture for me to add to a memory page when I was leaving Nebraska. She was one of our favorite visitors to this apartment!

1 comment:

  1. I love looking back at places I have lived and documenting how the neighborhood has changed. I lived on a fairly busy street in Brooklyn and today I marvel at my ability to tune out the noise.

    ReplyDelete