Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Admire his confidence!



Here is something Joel brought home near the end of the year. They are his Top Ten Things About Kindergarten. This might not have gotten published on the blog, but once I read #4 I decided this was a keeper.

In case you don't read "kindergarten", let me help.
1. Learning new thing
2. senters (centers)
3. go to recess (based on erase-marks, he had some help spelling)
4. rite oll teh time (yes folks - that would translate to "right all the time" - Joel certainly wants to be "rite oll teh time", even when he isn't. He is well intended - I think it centers on competition to be as "rite" as children 2 1/2 and 5 years older than he is! Often when he is wrong, he says something like, "I knew that".

Ok - so I was wrong.....after Maria's interpretation, I asked Joel about number 4 and he did in fact confirm he meant "write all the time"......but I still believe he wants to be "right all the time".....now the paper is less funny (except for my silliness) - still a keeper :)

5. gowing to lensh (going to lunch)
6. being a good kid (he definitely loves to be this too - sooo proud when he gets a "caught being good" or "character counts" slip)
7. haing fen at playin game (having fun at playing games)
8. doing math (he is a fantastic in this department - and he loves it....sound familiar???)
9. doing home werc (or is it a k???) (really there was minimal homework in kindergarten)
10. learning with Miss Prouty (His kindergarten teacher was soft spoken and gentle, which probably improved Joel's chances of being mellow during school....he often matches his environment.)

I loved Joel's kindergarten experience too! His teacher made a book that demonstrated many skills at the beginning, middle and end of the year - it is definitely a keeper. He amazed me in the progress he made. Even more, I would love when he would tell me something like, "you should be kind to people/a good person" (or something similar) and I would ask, "where did you hear that?" and he answered, "Miss Prouty talks about that". Every bit as important as the other kindergarten lessons!

4 comments:

  1. Are you sure he didn't mean that he got to WRITE all the time!?!?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok - I should have been able to figure that out, but when I read "rite oll teh time" it fit Joel so perfectly because he HATES to be wrong and just made me crack up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing samples are awesome memories. I'd like to hear more about that book that was made of his work too.

    ReplyDelete