Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Once again - it's a small world after all

You all know how I like a good "small world story".

So here is another one for you.....

Do you see the woman in the pink shirt at our niece's wedding???? (sorry I don't have a better picture) She was my roommate from my freshman year in college!



It gets better.

Let me take you back to summer 1987. I received a letter saying that my roommate would be S.J., from B* Iowa. All well in good, but what I didn't know at the time is that my sister had been assigned to be S.J's sister's roommate about 10 years earlier. Interesting coincidence huh? I mean Iowa isn't a big state, but the University of Iowa isn't a small school. The only thing I could think of was that they matched students based on their family size and we were all from big families.

Anyway, if that isn't good enough for you, here is the rest of the story. Fast forward to my senior year, when Ken and I started dating. He told me about his sisters. One of whom was married to G.J. from B* Iowa. Yes folks. On that day I learned that my future brother-in-law was the older brother to both my freshman year roommate and my sisters sophomore year roommate! She was at the wedding with her son who is the same age as Matthew!

I guess this isn't a small world story...rather a small state story!

3 comments:

  1. i know you have explained this to be before but i am still confused!!
    let me go read it again!!!!! :))
    i think i need charts and graphs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes,...charts and graphs and photos! LOL! If FB doesn't convince you it is a small world...I am not sure what will!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm singing the Small World song from Disney as I read. :-) I love these stories as much as you do.

    ReplyDelete