Thursday, June 3, 2010

Life is a journey and this was a good one!

Although Ken's sister lives far away, it has been a pleasure to drive through Michigan twice in the last 2 years. That is because my good buddy N.C. lives right off the Interstate on the way to Ken's sister's house. Since N.C. is still 6 hours from my house, it has been wonderful to have an excuse to visit. The best news is that her hubby's family has a reunion in Iowa every few years, so we will get a visit from the C. family one of these days too!


My friend N. and I are so blessed to be able to keep in touch so well. It doesn't feel like she has been gone from Newburgh 3 years. Knowing she was gone, but that we remained close friends, made it easier to move from Newburgh myself. Here we are standing on Lake Michigan, which is absolutely breath-taking. My kids felt like they were at the ocean. (I am still not sure we convinced Carolyn otherwise.) Matthew wanted to know how soon we could go back.


Here are Carolyn and C. If I was super-blogger like MJ, I would have a picture of them when they were in pre-school together, but I am just Joe-average blogger, so just imagine them a bit smaller. Their friendship started at KinderKountry Pre-school in August 2005.


Although Carolyn and C. are old buddies, I think if that if we lived closer together, Matthew and C. would be better friends. They have more similar interests. Gender matters more in 2nd grade than pre-school I guess.


This is N's daughter J. with Anna. She is lovely and if she lived close I would keep her in Aeropostale clothes (or pay for college), because she would be such a good "Mother's Helper".


This picture was taken around the time Carolyn gave me the quote of the weekend. "I'm not going to get very wet"


If you have any question about how much Joel loved playing at Lake Michigan, just look at his face. His smile says it all. The little guy in the yellow soccer socks in N's little boy who was born about a year before they left Newburgh. He now is the age his big brother was when I met him. Since there is a slight resemblance :), it brings back memories.

2 comments:

  1. AWESOME!!!!!! DIDN"T KNOW YOU WERE MEETING UP WITH HER!!!!!!!!!
    This post was good for my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I am bummed that NC moved just before I got to Newburgh. I would have liked to have met her.

    ReplyDelete