Sunday, June 27, 2010

Happy Father's Day

Ok - better late than never. To end my blogging blitz, here are my Father's Day photos!

Ken (and Joel) took Matthew to Scout camp on Father's Day. It took awhile to get the boys all situated, since the troop had grown so much in size since the last year they ventured to camp. Ken had to help several of the boys get their cots put together, etc. Anyway, he didn't get home until late that evening, so we celebrated the day at Godfather's Pizza.


We were able to see both my Dad and Ken's Dad the day before Father's Day.

My Dad's family has a reunion in Dubuque Iowa every 2nd year, the day before Father's Day. Unfortunately, many members of this extended family died since the last reunion. Fortunately, that didn't dampen anyone's spirits at the reunion.

Here are the members of my immediate family who attended the reunion:


Here is my Mom with my Dad, his sister (Bernice), brother (Russ) and sister-in-law (Joan):



On the way home from the reunion, we were able to stop and see Ken's parents, who happened to be camping in Independence Iowa, which was just off the road we were taking across the state!

2 comments:

  1. I've enjoyed your blogging blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These family pictures are so important for family history and tradition! And on a personal note, better late than never is my blogging motto lately. I'm so behind!

    ReplyDelete