Monday, July 19, 2010

DON'T look at picture until you read explaination

Ok- so July's Virtual Quilting Bee was a challenge. C* asked us all to make a chicken themed block. Unfortunately while searching for ideas on Google, I received NASTY viruses on my computer. Therefore searching for ideas was not going to happen again, lest I infect my second computer. (sidenote: Thankfully my infected computer was repaired to working order, although it isn't "perfect". FYI malwarebytes.org has a software program that found viruses that Norton Antivirus didn't. Also, if you are going to search for viruses (so they can be quarantined), do this in safemode - you "catch" more....to get to safemode on my computer I hit F8 when it was booting up....there, now you know everything I know about computer viruses.....oh and that I HATE THEM and the people who create them)

Anyway, back to the chicken block. I decided to try to make a Chicken Coop, since I thought I could design one myself. Then it hit me, if I could find "chicken fabric", I could put chickens in my coop. In the end I made 4 little chicken coops (you might need to imagine a little), with chickens peaking out. C* sent us the green and black fabric and requested a block with creative colors. Her chicken coop is pink and orange, so I followed right along.

So, if you think my block is rather loud, don't blame me, just doing as I am told!



1 comment: