Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Repeat - with helpers this time



Ok - it is time to repeat the "great storage room clean-up". It felt great when it was clean and so we are getting back to that state! I feel better when we get rid of stuff and organizing the stuff we keep. Last time, I did it mostly by myself while the kids were at school. This time I decided to use my four helpers in need of a job.

I am not sure that they are extremely helpful, but most of it is their stuff anyway, so it makes sense to have them participate. (Actually Matthew was very helpful and the help-level decreased a bit with age. Anna did want to help, but she sometimes handed me things and said, "I want to give this away", when it was really something we did not want to give away - like a lid to a plastic tote....but she "sort of" got the idea and clearly could feel the love I showered on the kids when they were willing to give a toy to poor children (via St. Vincent de Paul, etc).)

One thing I really wanted to do is make sure any "toy tote" would close. Our Sweet Street collection did not fit the bill, so I asked Carolyn is she would be willing to get rid of one of the big buildings. She chose the hospital (Christmas gift when she was about 5) and I was so proud (and a bit sad remembering way back when).


Of course Joel does great with praise, so we needed to take a picture of him sharing his toy as well!


Currently the kids are playing a Sweet Streets meet Lego men game. Matthew is the banker and he gives out Monopoly money so that the kids can win prizes.......yeah for imagination and peaceful play.

We will return to the sorting tomorrow. Much was accomplished today!

No comments:

Post a Comment